7th Grade Health Information
Welcome to 7th Grade Health!
Warren Middle School
7th Grade Health Class Syllabus
Name: Mrs. Danielle Buzby
Phone: 908-753-5300 x6024
The Health cycle, which is 36 days long, discusses the following topics: Pubertal/Adolescent Changes; Endocrine System (Anatomy & Physiology); Female Reproductive System (Anatomy & Physiology); Male Reproductive System (Anatomy & Physiology); Pregnancy/Childbirth (Mother/Fetus Development and Female Body Changes); and Tobacco; Marijuana; Inhalants (Short & Long Term Side Effects/Social, Emotional, and Physical Consequences).
A+, A-, A = 90-100 D = 60-69
B+, B-, B = 80-89 F = below 60
C+, C-, C = 70-79 I = Incomplete
Seventh Grade Possible Point Accumulation:
Quiz (1): =15 points
Quiz (2): = 25 points
Quiz (3): = 15 points
Class work: = 15 points
Ready Responses: = 25 points
Exit Tickets: = 10 points
Hot Topics: = 20 points
Storyboard That Project: = 20 points
Attitude/Participation: = 5 points
Packet: = 5 points
Total: = 155 points*
*Please note, this is the absolute most amount of points that can be accumulated. Due to unforeseen circumstances, certain projects and/or quizzes may be eliminated during the cycle.
Students may come and see me during their lunch/guide time to make up
any missed work. If a student is absent from school due to illness or family obligations, he/she will receive the work that was missed upon his/her return to school. Extra time needed for making up work will be discussed on an individual basis. If a student is absent on a Quiz day, then that student is expected to take the quiz upon his or her return. Once the cycle has ended, the student will have (2) days to complete a quiz, review questions from the textbook, reflection/review questions and/or an in-class project due to an absence(s) on the last day(s) of the cycle. Again, the Health cycles are short in duration so there is a time-sensitive issue here.
Rules, Guidelines, and Expectations
- Report to Room 29 every day during the cycle that you have been assigned to. Please be quiet upon entering the room and look at the board for further directions.
- Bring your Chromebook to class every day.
- Please have a blue or black pen and a pencil every day.
- Please be on time to class and sit in assigned seats given.
- Please get in the habit of checking the whiteboard, smartboard, assignment board, and google classroom page for announcements and classwork.
- Respect one another by listening attentively while they are speaking.
- Always raise your hand. Please do not call out during class.
- NO food, drinks, candy, or GUM in the classroom. Water bottles are permitted.
- Bathroom breaks are unavoidable but you will still need to ask permission and then you will need to sign out and sign back in.
- Remain seated until the period ends. Please do not stand up near the door.
- Textbook inspections will be made after every cycle to assess any damage/graffiti; it is your responsibility to keep it clean and damage/graffiti free!
- Please keep in mind if a student borrows a textbook to take home, it must be checked out and checked in. Copied sections of the textbook are available to be borrowed. A clipboard will be available for sign-outs and sign-ins on the bookshelf. A book not returned will result in a book fee.
7th Grade Health Cycle Dates
CYCLE 1: September 3- October 28th (36 Days)
CYCLE 2: October 29- January 2nd (36 Days)
CYCLE 3: January 3- February 25 (36 Days)
CYCLE 4: February 26-April 22 (36 Days)
CYCLE 5: April 23- June 19 (40 days) (Snow Days)