Chromebook Agreement and Protection Plan
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students of Students in Grades K through 8:
The district will be issuing all students in grades K-8 a Chromebook for the 2021-2022 academic year. The district believes that this Chromebook will be an important part of your child’s education and allow for enhanced collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication. This Chromebook is to be used for educational purposes only.
When using the Chromebook at home, at school, and anywhere else, it is expected that the student will follow the policies of the District including the Warren Township Schools Acceptable Use Policy for students and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
In order to take your Chromebook home each day, students and parents are required to accept the following responsibilities:
- I will treat the Chromebook with care and not deface or add stickers, etc. on this unit.
- I understand that the Chromebook is my responsibility and will stay in my possession at all times and will be brought to school every day.
- I will not release personal information to strangers when using the Chromebook.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure and will not share these with any other students.
I will recharge the Chromebook battery each night.
- I will return the Chromebook when requested and upon my withdrawal/graduation from the District.
- I will leave the Chromebook in its protective case provided by the District when not in use.
- I understand that I am responsible for any physical damage to the Chromebook.
- I understand that when the Chromebook is being used at home or in any location, the district has included a web-filter.
Warren Township Schools is assessing an annual $15.00 fee to a single in-district child home and $30.00 to an in-district multi-child home to protect the device against the following:
- Accidental damage (drops/spills)
- Natural Disasters
- Power surges
This device insurance will provide replacement or repair cost coverage for the first incident of damage or loss.
Students are expected to keep their chargers with their Chromebooks at all times. If chargers are lost or damaged beyond repair, a one-time replacement will be offered at no charge. If a student should require an additional charger, beyond the one-time replacement, a fee of $40.00 will be assigned.
Please note that subsequent damage, loss, or initial damage (deemed to be intentional), may include the full replacement cost of the Chromebook, will be the financial responsibility of the student/guardian.
Warren BOE Policy 7523 - School District Provided Technology Devices to Students
The Board of Education may provide technology devices to students in the district for school district authorized use only. The technology device provided by the school district may record or collect information on the student’s activity or the student’s use of the technology device if the device is equipped with a camera, global positioning system, or other feature capable of recording or collecting information on the student’s activity or use of the device. The school district shall not use any of the capabilities in a manner that would violate the privacy rights of the student or any individual residing with the student. The parent shall be required to acknowledge receipt of this notification and shall be required before the issuance of a technology device to a student. The district shall retain the acknowledgement as long as the student retains the use of the device.
Last modified on Thursday, January 4, 2018