Social Emotional Learning in WTS for Families- Click here for additional and detailed information regarding Warren Township School Districts SEL Philosophy
Social Media Presentations for Parents-
WTSD SEL Specialist, Lauren Floroff and Middle School Guidance Counselor, Carol Brown have put together a series of Social Media Presentations for Parents with information and tips on how to approach Social Media with your children. All Presentations will be held virtually. To access the presentations live, click here.
- Presentation #1
- Presentation# 2- Cyberbullying on Social Media and Mental Health Impact on Minors
- April 19, 2023, 12-1 PM and 7-8 PM- Appropriate Use of Social Media for Minors and Parental Controls
- Date TBA- Gaming and How to Set Limits
Collaborative for Academic and Social Emotional Learning (CASEL)
Competencies that Support Social Emotional and Academic Learning:
The five broad, interrelated areas of competence are:
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision-making
Morning / Classroom Meetings
Each Warren Township elementary school has identified a short period of time within the school day for each classroom to conduct a classroom meeting. The meetings support student social skills, sense of belonging, build trust and community, and support classroom and building norms. Meetings typically consist of the following elements.
- Greeting: Students and teachers greet one another by name.
- Sharing: Students share information about important events in their lives. Listeners often offer empathetic comments or ask clarifying questions.
- Group Activity: Everyone participates in a brief, lively activity that fosters group cohesion and helps students practice social and academic skills (for example, reciting a poem, dancing, singing, or playing a game).
- Morning Message: Students read and interact with a short message written by their teacher. The message is crafted to help students focus on the work they’ll do in school that day.
Everyday Speech is a core resource that all elementary staff use to support morning meetings. The Everyday Speech program supports the
Last modified on Tuesday, January 4, 2022