WMS Announcements - 11/6/2018Skip Navigation
Today is Day B.
A few words about our school assembly tomorrow.
Marc Mero will share stories and encourage students to make meaningful choices, set goals and pursue their passions.
As a reminder we are guests at Watchung Hills so we will need to be respectful and enter and exit the building quickly and quietly so as not to disrupt others. We will be dismissed by grade level homeroom and will leave approximately 9:15 and return at 10:30. You will remain in your character ed groups for the day.
· The Tuesday morning Select Chorus club is cancelled this week. Please come to school at the regular time. ~ Ms. Jensen
· There are no after-school clubs this week because of the half-day schedules. Please go home on your regular bus.
· Have you ever seen the movie, “ELF?” - you know, the story of that lovable grown up who is an elf from the North Pole?
On Sunday, November 18th, Elf the Musical will be performing at 7:00pm at the Morristown Performing Arts Center in Morristown.
If any student at the middle school is interested in attending this Broadway quality show, permission slips are available outside room 32 (the E2 room).
The cost is $90 per student.
There are 20 student tickets available, so make sure you pick one up soon. They are sure to sell out. See Mrs. Cooper for more information.
· If any student at the middle school would like to create and submit a poster for the International Lions Club’s Peace Poster Contest, please stop by Mrs. Cooper’s room 32 for more information. This year’s theme is Kindness Matters. The deadline has been extended until Wednesday, November 7th.
· Watchung Hills Regional High School’s Healthy Edge & PTO presents: Let’s Talk VAPING: Clear the Air. Tuesday, November 13th @ 6:30 PM.
· Share your trick-or-treat candy with children who live in dangerous neighborhood that are too poor for trick-or-treating or holiday gift giving. Bring your left over candy to guidance and Buddy to Buddy Club will package it and send it to a New York Community Center for a holiday party. ~ Mrs. Johnson
· Boys basketball tryouts will start on November 13th. Check with Nurse Lontai to see if you have been approved by the school doctor to participate. The tryouts will last 3 days and end at 5:30pm each day. Please make arrangements to get your own ride home. (NO BUSES)
· Due to early dismissal this week, lunch will not be served however, the PTO will be selling snacks during all guide/lunch periods!
Ø Tuesday: Snacks are available for sale. If your child ordered pretzels from Fooddays they can be picked up in the APR.
Ø Wednesday: Regular snacks are available for sale.
All proceeds from snack sales will go toward reducing the cost of your grade's class trip so don’t forget to send your child in with money!
· The new Lost & Found Instagram account has been launched! The account name is @warrenmiddlepto. All items will continue to be posted as they are left. Look for flyers with continued details for both school families & visiting sports and clubs. Let’s work together to end this excessive problem by checking the rack and tables regularly. Thanks for your help!!!
· Our school is looking to raise funds via Box Top and Amazon Smile. All of these methods will generate money for our school at NO COST to you.
Box Tops! We would love your support in collecting them. Box Tops are located on many items and they are worth 10 cents each. All you have to do is cut them out and send them to school with your child. Please see the attach document for detail information.
For PTO information, please visit the PTO website @ https://wmspto.membershiptoolkit.com or you can also access the PTO page directly from the Middle School webpage @ https://www.warrentboe.org/schools/middle