General Health Office Information
ü Absences: All absences must be reported on the absence line on the day of the absence, except when a written note has preceded the absence. Call 908-753-5300 to report an absence to the ALT Absence Line. Be sure to include the following:
- Child's Name and Grade
- Reason for Absence - fever, vomiting, diarrhea, communicable illness (please see below).
- Anticipated date of return - Remember child must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol, Advil or Motrin before returning to school.
Illnesses:All communicable illnesses need to be reported to the School Nurse. Examples of this are: Strep infections, Chicken Pox, Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye), Influenza, Lice, etc.
Students Should Stay Home If:
- Fever over 100.0– The child must be fever free, without the use of fever reducers, for 24 hours before being allowed to return to school.
- Vomiting or Diarrhea – Students should stay home for 24 hours after vomiting or diarrhea has occurred.
- Strep Throat – Students must be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school after a positive strep test.
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) – Students must be on treatment for pink eye for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Chicken Pox – Students need to have sores healed over, no weeping/oozing sores before returning to school. Please see school nurse before reporting to class.
- Lice – Students need to be treated with a lice treatment before returning to school. Students need to report to the school nurse before reporting to class.