Home › Middle School › Middle School Walkathon Information
Middle School Walkathon Information
It’s Time for the 5th Annual
WMS “Gives Back” Walk-a-thon!
Friday, May 11, 2012
Our annual Walk-a-thon helps promote fitness and community service as part of the WMS TAP program. The entire town is working to raise $100,000.00 for the Valerie Fund as a "Pride in Warren" town-wide initiative.
The Warren Middle School goal is to raise $10,000.00.
If EACH student participates with minimum $25.00 donation,
we will more than reach our goal.
1. Your donation can be put in an envelope with student’s name and grade.
Place donation in the box in the library, labeled Valerie Fund Donations.
Bring in any donations to school as soon as possible. (Due: Friday, May 11th)
Checks made payable to: The Valerie Fund---place in the "Valerie Fund" Box in the library or give them to Mrs. MacGorman.
To make a Credit Card Donation :
1. Click on this Link and go to www.thevaleriefund.org
2. On home page Click on "Donate Now" in box for Warren Township Pride Month - bottom right corner
3. Click "Donate" on page describing the township initiative
4. Complete donation page and so our school gets the $ credit:
IMPORTANT---- in the box "About your gift" fill in the box with your name and in the Keyword/Event Name" in box write in: WMS Walkathon-(your child’s Grade) -- Example WMS Walkathon- 7
2. Donations may be made by family members, friends, or other students. DO not go door to door or solicit strangers as per Board of Education policy.
All donations are a FLAT donation, not based on laps accumulated.
May 11th- Walk-a-thon Guidelines
1. Students will walk from approximately 1:20-2:20 outside the building.
2. At 2:20, students will be brought to the gym for a special presentation of our donation to the founders of the Valerie Fund. Dismissal will be at the normal time.
4. BRING WATER!! Students are encouraged to dress appropriately: wear hats and sunscreen, if it’s sunny, and remember to wear sneakers. BRING WATER!!!
For class spirit we ask that each grade were the following T-shirt color:
Grade 8 – white ~ Grade 7 – red ~ Grade 6 - blue.
6. In the event of severe weather conditions, activities will be indoors.
7. For early dismissals, it is encouraged that you pick them up before 1pm, prior to the walkathon. It is easier to find them!
Please remember to bring WATER!!!